Born in Los Angeles and raised in Miami, I was the kid that used to sneak my transistor radio under my pillow at bedtime, slowly turning the dial so I could listen to a game from those far-off, exciting places like St. Louis or Cleveland.
I worked at my high school radio station for fun, earning a degree in broadcast journalism from Bowling Green State University. Along the way, I called my share of games and even narrated documentary videos for one of my professors. Eventually I realized my voice was my calling.
I began pursuing my career at various radio stations in New Jersey and Ohio before my love of the beautiful game led me to Texas to work for a minor league soccer team. A return to South Florida led to a return to broadcasting and the start of my television career.
Today, in addition to calling soccer matches alongside the legendary Ray Hudson, I’ve launched my own company, VoiceGoals, Inc., providing voice-overs, voice acting and narration around the world.
From commercials to imaging and production elements, my voice has helped companies like EA Sports, the National Soccer Hall of Fame, DLA TV and Nick Sports tell their tale and I have also narrated numerous event and corporate videos. In my role as a sportscaster, I have featured prominently on ABC, ESPN, Fox Sports, beIN Sports, SiriusXM and many more networks, channels and stations.
While I’ve been gifted with a powerful, commanding voice, I have spent the past three decades refining this talent on the microphone. And as my last name is pronounced SHANE, saying things the right way has obviously been a personal focus for my entire life.
I love learning languages as well as cultures, so traveling has been a big part of my life – visiting 29 different states and 11 nations and counting. I am a native and fluent American English speaker but can also converse in Spanish and have studied both French and German.
I have been married for 20 years with two teen children and recently entered the world of foster parenting. I am active in my local church and have served on several mission trips to Central America. I love sports (especially soccer,) cars (especially Saabs,) and reading. I also love to golf, but I’m not sure if golf loves me.
- I was the first voice of Major League Soccer, serving as the lead announcer for the first five years of MLS’s existence.
- I have announced games in three different World Cup tournaments, (1994, 1998 and 2006,) and three different Copa Americas, (1993, 1995 and 2015.)
- I provided commentary for EA Sports FIFA 2000 soccer video game.
- My family and I have participated in mission trips to Honduras for the past five years.
- I enjoy swimming, biking, golf and even kicking the ball around when I have the time.
- I love to read, listen to audio dramas and old time radio and watch British TV shows like “Sherlock” and “Doctor Who”
- My grandmother has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and my grandfather has had his work exhibited at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.